Kia ora koutou Birdwood whanau

We are moving down to Alert Level 2 from 11.59pm tonight. The huge volume of tests completed in the last few days has given confidence that if any further cases arise, they will likely be closely linked to these existing cases.

It’s been a great effort from our school and wider community. We therefore look forward to welcoming all our tamariki  back onsite tomorrow.

Alert Level 2 still has some restrictions for our school with the main one being that children should be not breathing on or touching each other, as much as practicable. The gates will be open from 8.15am and we would like all children to hand santise before they enter the school grounds. As we did the last time in level 2, we ask parents to wait outside the school gates for their children. If you need to come onsite you will need to sign in at the school office.

At all times, please continue to scan QR codes and monitor closely for illness within your whānau.

Our focus as always will be to support the learning, safety and wellbeing of our tamariki and we continue to be here to support you as well.

Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s kaiako or me, if there is something you need support  with.

Ngā mihi

Whaea Jenny

PRINCIPAL