ALERT LEVEL 4 LOCKDOWN – BIRDWOOD SCHOOL IS CLOSED
Wednesday 18th August 2021
Kia ora Birdwood Whanau
Yesterday evening’s announcement by the Prime Minister has confirmed what I think we have all been preparing for throughout yesterday afternoon. Auckland has entered Level 4 for the next 7 days, as a community case of COVID-19 has been identified. Whilst I am on sabbatical this term, during level 4 I will be supporting Whaea Viv and the senior leadership team during this time.
Birdwood School is closed for 7 days – an initial period, which may be extended. This morning we heard of another 4 cases and a further 2 cases this afternoon.
Distance Learning: Birdwood School will commence Distance Learning programmes from Thursday 19 August at 9.00am. Te Whare Kotahitanga will offer online learning to those whanau with computers and connectivity through google classroom, Timatanga Taonga and Te Puawaitanga o te Reo will be using Seesaw, Epic and Matific to connect with whanau. If you have any concerns please contact your child’s teacher or the senior leadership team.
1) Most of the school communications will come via email or the school website. These emails are sent to the email address provided at the point of enrolment. If your details have changed can you please contact Debbie or Vicky – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) The school has a very active Skool loop page and we would encourage you to download the app from the app store and link to Birdwood School on your mobile phone. You can stay up to date with any urgent communications that are posted frequently in response to managing our communication channel.
3) There will be a school assembly online this Friday. You are all welcome to zoom in. The details are below
Meeting ID: 250 392 8319 Passcode: 798148
The Teachers at Birdwood School have worked diligently to address the systems and processes for accessing online teaching and learning programmes.
1) The link to the schools Distance Learning Site can be found on our website
- Zoom. As we have learnt from previous Lockdowns, connections and collaborations are the key to providing support with the Distance Learning Programmes. In addition, feedback from parents and children has indicated that the students look forward to the opportunity to ‘Zoom’ with their peers and teacher. Your child’s classroom teacher will be in touch with the schedule for the Zoom ‘connect’ sessions.
- Your well being and your whanau wellbeing are very important to us. If you are unable to connect with our learning sites do not stress. Please use this time to be with your whanau and the learning will happen through your daily interactions. We do not want to burden you with lots of phone calls from different teachers during this level 4 lockdown. We have assigned one teacher to a whanau to make contact with you and talk to you about any support you need during this time.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Keep safe, remember to stay home and sanitize.