Kia ora Birdwood whanau

I hope you are all well in your bubbles and keeping warm. There is definitely a chill in the air now we have moved into Spring. I know the last few days have been a real challenge and  I want to acknowledge the amazing work you have all been doing to support your whanau as well as ensuring teaching and learning is happening with your tamariki. Devices and hard copy learning packs were distributed recently.

On Monday there were some areas of West Auckland that experienced flooding. At Birdwood School, some of our fences fell over. This was a result of extreme flooding.  We have contacted the Ministry of Education and they are sending a property consultant to access the damage. This can only be completed when we move to level 3. In the meantime, we have been informed by the Ministry of Education no one is allowed on the site.

It is clearly a challenging time given the Alert Levels and I understand some of our families were required to evacuate their houses. Our prayers are with those whanau.

As you are aware I was on sabbatical this term. Unfortunately, I am not able to complete this because of the lockdown so I have returned to my position as Principal. I will take the remainder of my time at a later date.

If there is anything you need clarification about concerning the lockdown or teaching and learning, please do not hesitate to contact your class teacher or myself.

Take care

Jenny Bernard

PRINCIPAL / TUMUAKI